Simikot Mount Kailash Tsaparang Manasarovar Trek (25 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 5
A pilgrimage to Mt. Kailash the sacred mountain of Tibet is sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists. Mt Kaliash is the source of four great asian rivers. For Hindus it is the throne of Shiva, for Buddhists, a gigantic natural Mandala. Also the epicenter of Tantric forces for both religions. This trek takes you from the far western town of Simikot, along an old trade route into Tibet. An arid, wild, country dominated by the peaks of Api and Saipal Himal, this is the world of the Nepalese and Tibetan traders. You will encounter travelers with horses and yaks laden with goods. After a few days trek on the Nepal side we take you to Tibetan border market Purang where Nepalese, Tibetan and Indian traders meet to exchange wares. The highlight of the trip is to visit Rakshastal (Devil Lake), the holy Lake of Mansarovar, "born from the mind of Bramha", trek around the Mt. Kailash and visit the former Gu-ge kingdom with its two main centres of Toling and Tsaparang.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as a non-technical trek and suitable for average people. If you are moderately fit and have a sense of adventure will enjoy this trek. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not expected high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
We suggest you to strengthen your knee muscles and prepare for several days of steep descents. Some physical fitness programs such as running, swimming, biking or aerobics is recommended, but mostly hiking on steep hills or running up and down steps are preferable.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, assemble and dissemble the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day to day itinerary:
Day 01 Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and transfer to hotel
Day 02 Fly to Simikot, Trek to Dharapuri -2400m
Day 03 Trek from Dharapuri to Kermi-2550m
Day 04 Trek from Kermi to to Yalabang Gompa-3020m
Day 05 Trek from Yalabang to Tumkot Khola-2800m
Day 06 Trek from Tumkot Khola to Yari-4300m
Day 07 Trek from Yari to Hilsa-4325 crossing over the Nara La-4620m
Day 08 After breakfast trek half an hour to Sher (Nepal - Tibet border), after finishing the immigration formalities drive to Purang (Taklakot)-4000m and visit of Lhama Yutok Gompa overnight at Purang Guest house
Day 09 Drive to Darchen-4700m the base camp of Mt. Kailash and overnight at Darchen Guest house
Day 10 Trek to Chhugu Gompa-4600m
Day 11 Trek to Drira Phuk
Day 12 Trek to Zutulphuk crossing over the Drolma La-5635m
Day 13 Trek for about 4 hours and drive to Tirthapuri
Day 14 Drive to Toling
Day 15 Drive to Tsaparang - ruins of Guge Kingdom, Tunnel in the castle and drive back to Toling
Day 16 Drive to Miser Chu
Day 17 Drive to Manasarovar
Day 18 Rest at Manasaravar and exploration of the area
Day 19 Drive to Hilsa (Nepal border)
Day 20-24 Trek back to Yari, Muchu, Yalabang, Dharapuri and Simikot
Day 25 Flight from Simikot to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us.
The above Package includes the following services:
- Kathmandu airport transfers
- Hotel accommodations in (2 star standard) on BB basis
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook during the trip
- Camping gear (two men tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and daily allowances
- Restricted area trekking permit fee
- Transfers and trekking in Tibet as per the itinerary
- Align Travel permit and visa fee for Tibet
- Airfare Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Simikot - Nepalgunj - Kahmandu
The above Package does not include:
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 or less per item per day)
- Access luggage charge (if any)
- Kathmandu airport departure tax
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
- Nepal re entry visa fee.