Rolwaling Himal trek (22 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 5
Rolwaling valley is the neighboring valley of the Solo Khumbu (Mt Everest region). Similar in culture to the Sherpa people of the Everest region without the crowds. A land of wonderful Himalayan views, mystery and superstition. According to the legend, a monastery named Kher Shambala mysteriously disappeared into the earth.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as a medium difficult trek and suitable for average people. If you are moderately fit and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy this trek. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, set up the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day to day itinerary:
Day 01 Drive to Barhabise (80 Km east from Kathmandu) O/N camp at Sua Khari-1600m (2 hr)
Day 02 Trek to Dolangsa-2500m (6 hr)
Day 03 Trek to Bigu Gompa-2510m (6-7 hr)
Day 04 Trek to Laduk-1900m (7 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Gongar-1400m (6-7 hr)
Day 06 Trek to Simigaon-2500m (6 hr)
Day 07 Trek to Dongma Gaon-3300m (6-7 hr)
Day 08 Trek to Beding-3695m (6 hr)
Day 09 Trek to Nagaon-3800m (6-7 hr)
Day 10 Rest at Nagaon
Day 11 Trek to Yalung-Ri Base Camp-4200m (4 hr)
Day 12 Trek to Yalung-Ri Base Camp-4200m (4 hr)
Day 13 Trek to Glacier Kharka-4750m (6 hr)
Day 14 Trek to Tolumba-5036m (5 hr)
Day 15 Trek over to Tashilapcha-5739m (7 hr)
Day 16 Trek to Thanpo-4320m (6 hr)
Day 17 Trek to Thame-3900m (6-7 hr)
Day 18 Trek to Namche Bazar-3440m (4 hr)
Day 19 Rest at Namche
Day 20 Trek to Phakding-2600m (6 hr)
Day 21 Trek ends at Lukla-2865m (3 hr)
Day 22 Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Trip ends...
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us.
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers
- Land Transfer Kathmandu-Barghabise by chartered bus
- Trekking permit and conservation area entrance fee
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Domestic airfare (Lukla - Kathmandu)
The above Package does not include:
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu (If you want us to book hotel for you before or after the trekking, we have the best quality 3 star standard hotels on a very good price from US$ 12 to $ 20 per night on twin sharing room).
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Kathmandu airport departure tax
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.