Rara Lake/Dolpo trek (12 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 5
Rara the largest Lake in Nepal is in the high elevation towards the North West of Nepal. Only a few number of trekkers done this trek to experience it's unique culture and dramatic landscape with some historically important places on the way.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as a non-technical trek and suitable for average people. If you are moderately fit and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy this trek. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to exerience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
We suggest you to strengthen your knee muscles and prepare for several days of steep descents.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be changed in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, set up the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day 01 Fly to Nepalgunj and overnight at Hotel.
Day 02 Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla-2370m and trek to Ghukuti-2550m.
Day 03 Trek to Tharmara-3280m (6-7 hr) crossing over Danfe La Pass-3400m
Day 04 Trek to Chautha-2770m (6-7 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Forest Camp-2940m (6-7 hr) crossing over Churchi Lagna Pass - 3460m
Day 06 Trek to Rara Lake 3050m (5-6 hr)
Day 07 Rest and exploration day of Rara lake
Day 08 Trek back to Gorushinga-3000m (6-7 hr) crossing Ghurchi Mara at 3700m.
Day 09 Trek to Sinja-2440m (5-6 hr)
Day 10 Trek to Jaljala-3090m (6-7 hr)
Day 11 Trek ends at Jumla-2370m (4-5 hr)
Day 12 Fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us.
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers
- Trekking permit and conservation area entrance fee
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Domestic airfare and airport tax (Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Jumla-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu)
The above Package does not include:
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1.00 per item for day)
- Kathmandu airport departure tax
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, donation tips etc.