Mera Peak Climbing with Amphu Laptcha Pass (20 day)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 5
A complete trek encircles the famous Annapurna massif with Pisang Peak-6091m. The trek offers great variety, from sub-tropical plains in the Himalayan foothills, through the trans-Himalayan, Manang and Mustang region. The trip goes through Thorong-La Pass-5416m. between in two valley of Manang and Jomsom, the Kaligandaki valley (probably the deepest gorge in the world) makes this trek an excellent trip in Nepal that has diverse culture and traditional values.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as not very technical trek and suitable for average people. But climbing Pisang peak requires experience of mountaineering skill and equally needed physically fit. If you are fit enough and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy this trekking and climbing same time. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
This trip is designed for tea house during the trekking part and camping arrangement during the climbing part. Everything will be handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, set up the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day to day itinerary:
Day 01 Drive to Besishahar-823m (approx. 7 hr)
Day 02 Trek to Bahundada-1311m (6-7 hrs)
Day 03 Trek to Chamje-1433m (5-6 hr)
Day 04 Trek to Bagarchhap-2164m (6-7 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Chame-2713m (5-6 hr)
Day 06 Trek to Pisang-3185m (4-5 hr)
Day 07 Rest day at Pisang for acclimatization
Day 08 Trek to Pisang Base Camp-4000m (4-5 hr)
Day 09 Trek to Pisang High Camp-4500m (5-6 hr)
Day 10 Climb Pisang Peak-6191m summit and return to Base Camp
Day 11 Trek to Braga-3305m (4-5 hr)
Day 12 Trek to Manang Village-3700m (2 hr) and rest
Day 13 Trek to Yak Kharka-4000m (5-6 hr)
Day 14 Trek to Thorong Phedi-4500m (4-5 hr)
Day 15 Trek to Muktinath-3798m crossing over the Thorong-La Pass-5416m, O/N
Day 16 Trek to Jomsom-2713m (5-6 hr)
Day 17 Flight from Jomsom to Kathmandu via Pokhara
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us
Trekking service will be provided in Tea house basis but camping and kitchen with food will be provided while climbing
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers
- Land Transfer Kathmandu to Besishahar by private transport
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two men tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Peak permit fee and climbing Sirdar
- Domestic airfare (Jomsom-Pokhara-Kathmandu) including airport tax
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project entrance permit fee.
The above Package does not include:
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu airport departure tax
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Equipment allowance (Legally each expedition must provide an equipment allowance for all Sherpa guides and porters. This allowance is necessary for brand new equipment (sleeping bag, shoes, crampons, down jacket, raincoat etc.). Because this expedition is not a high altitude expedition we will negotiate with the guides and porters to obtain an acceptable agreement for this allowance.
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.
* If you are with less than the minimum number of participants please contact us We can bring you into
contact with other people who would be interested to do the same type of trek and climb.