Hungu Valley Trek and Mera Peak Climb (25 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 5
This is an expedition that involves climbing of Mera Peak-6461m, which is attempted, from Hungu valley in the Everest region with Amphulapcha Pass.
Your trip preparation:
This trip is considered as technical and suitable for only people who has mountaineering experience and physically fit. If you are fit enough and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy and complete trip successfully. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
We suggest you to strengthen your knee muscles and prepare for several days of steep descents.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, set up the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day to day itinerary:
Day 01 Drive to Jiri-1860m (6-7 hr)
Day 02 Trek to Shivalaya-1860m (6 hr)
Day 03 Trek to Bhandar-2200m (6 hr)
Day 04 Trek to Sete-2575m (6 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Junbesi-2675m (6-7 hr)
Day 06 Trek to Manidingma-2320m (6-7 hr)
Day 07 Trek to Khari Khola-2070m (5-6 hr)
Day 08 Climb to Kwaching Kharka-3400m (5-6 hr)
Day 09 Trek to Thuli Kharka-4160m (7 hr)
Day 10 Trek to Thasidingma-3650m (6-7 hr)
Day 11 Trek Thangnak-4320m (6-7 hr)
Day 12 Rest day at Thangnak
Day 13 Trek to Khare-4870m (6 hr)
Day 14 Trek to Mera High Camp-5415m (6 hr)
Day 15 Climb to Peak Summit-6654m and return to Base Camp
Day 16 Trek to Thulo Dhunga-4900m (6 hr)
Day 17 Trek to Panch Pokhari-5480m (4-5 hr)
Day 18 Rest day at Panch Pokhari
Day 19 Trek to Island peak Base Camp 4970m. crossing over Amphu Lapcha
Pass-5845m (6-7 hr)
Day 20 Trek to Dingboche-4412m (7 hr)
Day 21 Trek to Tyanboche-3790m (6-7 hr)
Day 22 Trek to Namche Bazar-34400m (6 hr)
Day 23 Trek to Phakding-2850m (5-6 hr)
Day 24 Trek ends at Lukla
Day 25 Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us
The above Package includes the following services:
- Kathmandu airport transfers.
- Land transfer Kathmandu - Jiri by private transport
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Meals- 3 time a day during the trip
- Domestic airfare (Lukla - Kathmandu) and airport tax
- Professional guide, Sherpa, Porter fees and their insurance
- Sagarmatha conservation area entrance fee
- Peak permit fee, Climbing Sirdar and his equipment allowance
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
The above Package does not include:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu International Airport tax
- Insurance of any kind and rescue helicopter.
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, Soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, mineral water, tips etc.