Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu Base Camp Trek Arun River Rafting Chitwan Wildlife Safari (25 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 4
This trip offers you the best combination of trekking to the Makalu Base Camp, rafting on Arun River (trekker's delight) and Wildlife safari at the Royal Chitwan National Park
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is medium difficult and suitable for average people. If you are moderately fit and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy this trek. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, set up the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day to day itinerary:
Day 01 Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar-390m
Day 02 Trek to Bhanjyang-1150m (5-6 hr)
Day 03 Trek to Churchila-1950m (6-7 hr)
Day 04 Trek to Mure-1850m (6-7 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Seduwa-1600m (6-7 hr)
Day 06 Trek to Tashi Gaon-2200m (5-6 hr)
Day 07 Rest at Tashi Gaon
Day 08 Trek to Kauma dada-3500m (6-7 hr) crossing over Kela-La Pass-4127m
Day 09 Trek to Dobhate-3900m (5-6 hr) crossing over Tutu-La Pass-4075m
Day 10 Trek to Yangle Kharka- 3500m (5-6 hr)
Day 11 Trek to Langmale Kharka- 4100m (4-5 hr)
Day 12 Trek to Makalu Base Camp-5000m (4 hr)
Day 13 Trek to Dobhate (8-9 hr)
Day 14 Trek to Kauma Dada (5-6 hr)
Day 15 Trek to Tashi Gaon (5-6 hr)
Day 16 Trek to Waleng (6-7 hr)
Day 17 Trek to Bumling (5-6 hr)
Day 18-22 Rafting on Arun River from Bumbling to Chatara
Day 23 Drive from Chatara to the Royal Chitwan National Park, pick up from Chitresari and transfer to Fewa Wildlife Resort
Day 24 Full day wildlife activities such as Elephant back safari, Jungle walk, Canoeing, Bird watching, Culture program etc.
Day 25 After all jungle safari activities drive from Chitwan to Kathmandu
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us.
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers.
- Land Transfer (Chatara-Chitwan-Kathmandu) by chartered bus
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook during the trekking and rafting period
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their - necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Trekking permits
- All rafting and safety equipment and staff
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Tumlingtar).
- Accommodations and activities at Gaida Wildlife Camp in full board basis at Chitwan including national park entry fee.
The above Package does not include:
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Kathmandu airport departure tax
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.