Langtang valley trek with Ganja la pass (12 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 4
This trek brings you to the Langtang Valley surrounded by Himalayan Peaks. Langtang Lirung-7240m and Ganesh Himal are the highest in the region. Trek upto Kyanjingompa and excursion to Tshergo Ri would acclimatize you well for further trek to Ganja La pass. The trek then turn straight south into the valley of Helambu via the Ganja La pass which is more exciting and challenging as well.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as technical one and suitable only for trained people. If you are fit enough and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy this trek. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself max.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, guide, sherpas and cook who carry the equipment, fix the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day 01: Drive to Syabru Bensi - 1450m (approx. 7 hr drive by jeep)
Day 02: Trek to Lama Hotel - 2410m (6 hrs)
Day 03: Trek to Langtang village - 3300m (6-7 hr)
Day 04: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa - 3750 m (3 hr)
Day 05: Excursion to Tsergo Ri - 5033m and back to Kyanjin Gompa (7 to 8 hrs)
Day 06: Explore around Kyanjin Gompa
Day 07: Trek to Ganja La phedi - 4300m (6-7 hr)
Day 08: Trek to Keldang - 4250m crossing over Ganja La pass-5122m (6-7 hr)
Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka - 4000m (5-6 hr)
Day 10: Trek to Tarkeghyang - 2530m (5-6 hr)
Day 11: Trek to Sermathang - 2550m (3-4 hr)
Day 12: Trek ends at Melamchi pulbazaar (4-5 hr) than drive to Kathmandu.
Day 13: International departure or go for onward program.
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us.
The above trip plan includes the following services:
- Airport transfers - Pick up and drop
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu city
- Land Transfer Kathmandu - Syabru Bensi & Melamchi-Kathmandu by private bus
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Langtang National Park entrance permit fee.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) pass
The above Package does not include:
- Personal equipment including sleeping bag, (you can rent them in Kathmandu on very resonable cost)
- Travel/medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverage, bottle drinks, donation, tips etc...