Lamjung Himal Trek
Lamjung Himal Trek, Rafting, Wildlife Safari, sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (16 day)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 3
A-9 day excellent trek on the foothills of Annapurna Mountain range including A day Rafting trip on Trishuli River, One night stay in the lakeside town of Pokhara, A 2-night stay in the jungles of the Royal Chitwan National Park, sightseeing tour to the major points of interest inside the Kathmandu Valley.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as a non-technical trek and suitable for average people. If you are moderately fit and have a sense of adventure you will enjoy this trek. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
We suggest you to strengthen your knee muscles and prepare for several days of steep descents. Some physical fitness programs such as running, swimming, biking or aerobics is recommended, but mostly hiking on steep hills or running up and down steps are preferable.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by a team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, fix the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Day to day itinerary:
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02 About 3.5 hour drive to Trishuli River for your rafting experience before you go trekking. Rafting will be about 3 hours than countinue drive to Pokhara overnigh in the Hotel..
Day 03 Trek to Modi Khola-900m (6-7 hr)
Day 04 Trek to Tangting Kharka-2100m (6-7 hr)
Day 05 Trek to Bhaise Kharka-3400m (7-8 hr)
Day 06 Trek to Ramdung Base Camp-3950m (5-6 hr)
Day 07 Excursion to Ramdung Peak-4440m from where you can have the great views of Mt. Lamjung, Manaslu and Annapurna ranges and return to Kopchepani-2800m
Day 08 Trek to Baglungpani-1700m (5-6 hr)
Day 09 Trek to Tarkughat-820m (6-7 hr)
Day 10 Trek to Daraundi Khola-800m (6-7 hr)
Day 11 Trek ends at Gorkha-1100m (3 hr)
Day 12 Drive from Gorkha to the Royal Chitwan National Park, Chitresari and transfer to Gaida Wildlife Camp
Day 13 Full day wildlife activities such as Elephant back safari, Jungle walk, Canoeing, Bird watching, Culture program etc.
Day 14 After all jungle safari activities flight from Bharatpur to Kathmandu. Pick up from the airport and transfer to the hotel. After short rest half day sightseeing tour in Kathmnadu valley.
Day 15 Full day sightseeing in Major attraction of Kathmnadu valley (World heritage sites) and shopping.
Day 16 Transfer to the Airport and say good bye.
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us.
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers
- Transfer Kathmandu-Rafting-Pokhara by chartered bus
- Land transfer: Gorkha-Chitwan-Kathmandu by chartered bus
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Accommodations and activities at Gaida Wildlife camp in full board basis at Chitwan
- Annapurna conservation area entrance permit
The above Package does not include:
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu (If you want us to book hotel for you before or after the trekking, we have the best quality 3 star standard hotels on a very good price from US$ 12 to $ 20 per night on twin sharing room).
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Kathmandu airport departure tax
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.