Kanchenjunga Trek (24 days)
Trip Difficulty: Grade 5
Kanchanjungha, the third highest peak in the world lies on the eastern border of Nepal with India. On this trekking you will experience remoteness of country, romantic mountain views, diverse flora and fauna and rich local culture.
Your trekking preparation:
This trek is considered as technical trek and suitable for thoes who moderately fit and have a sense of adventure. The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience high altitude sickness. However you are requested to check your altitude fitness and the itinerary.
We suggest you to strengthen your knee muscles and prepare for several days of steep descents.
Please note that the following program is prepared in the fact basis however can be change in some circumstances but adjustments will have to made during the trekking. We request you to be flexible with the situation to enjoy yourself.
As the trek is designed for camping arrangement, everything is handled by our team of porters, sherpas and cooks who carry the equipment, set up the camp and have hot meals waiting for you at every food break.
Click here for optional Kanchenjunga Trek Itinerary
Day to Day itinerary:
Kanchenjunga Trek (24 days program)
22 days trekking itinerary via Southern & Northern Base Camp
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu transfer to hotel and complete the official formalities.
Day 02: Trekking preparation day- buy or rent your personal equipments obtain permit for the trek etc..
Day 03: Fly to Suketar and trek to Phurumba/ Jogidanda
Day 04: Trek to Chirwa (1190m)
Day 05: Trek to Sakathum (1640m)
Day 06: Trek to Amjilassa (2490m)
Day 07: Trek to Gyabla (2730m)
Day 08: Trek to Gunsa (3410m)
Day 09: Rest day or acclimatization at Ghunsa
Day 10: Trek to Khambachen (4150m)
Day 11: Trek to Lhonak(4790m)
Day 12: Trek to Pangpema (5140m)
Day 13: Exploration day around Northern Base Camp Kanchenjunga Glacier
Day 14: Trek back to Khambachen (4150m)
Day 15: Trek back to Gunsa (3410m)
Day 16: Trek to Selele Kharka
Day 17: Trek over Selele Pass - trek down to Tseram (3900m)
Day 18: Trek to Ramche (4620m)
Day 19: Explore around Southern Base Camp and Yalung Glacier and return to Ramche
Day 20: Trek back to Torntan (2990m)
Day 21: Trek to Yamphudin (1690m)
Day 22: Trek to Keswa (1960m)
Day 23: Trek to Suketar (2400m)
Day 24: Fly back Suketar to Kathamandu and transfer to hotel.
Or Continue Rafting to Chatara from Dovan on Tamur River - 4 days
(Ideal for combined with your Kanchanjunga trekking)
For Cost details of above package, Please contact us
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers
- Land transfer according to the plan
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu - Biratnagar - Taplejung and Biratnagar - Kathmandu)
- Trekking permit and Kanchanjunga Conservation Area entrance fee
The above Package does not include:
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Travel/medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.