Tibet Cultural Tour
Saga Dawa festival
Saga Dawa (Tibetan) is the most significant event of the year for Buddhists as three of the most essential events in Buddha’s life (birth, enlightenment and passing into Parinirvana) took place on the full moon day of 4 luna month.
According to the scriptures it is not the day of Buddha’s conventional birth but his entering the womb of the mother in other words the day of his conception. According to Buddhism the first coming into contact of the consciousness of a being with the cells of the parents in the womb of the mother is considered to be the actual birth, the very starting point of this life or rebirth. So, Buddha’s entering the womb of Queen Mahamaya of the Shakya Royal Family on the full moon day of the Vesak month is regarded as Buddha Shakyamuni’s birth. Buddha’s conventional birth in Lumbini took place on the 15th day of the month of Magha (Sanskrit) or Chu Dawa (Tibetan).
At the age of 35 Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree in Vajraasana and at the age of 80 he performed his last deed of entering into Parinirvana in Kushinagar, these both events happened on that same day.
This month is regarded as the holiest time of the year. It is also known as ‘bum gyur dawa’ in Tibetan, meaning (the month which multiplies by 100000 whatever wholesome or unwholesome action is performed during this month has a 100000 times stronger effect than at other times)
During the whole month Buddhists have celebrations and pay homage for Buddha Shakyamuni. Most auspicious ceremonies are taken place in Holy mountain Kailash region in Tibet as it’s believed that on Saga Dawa day Buddha Shakyamuni is comingfrom the heaven to the top of Kailash and people get blessed. People put auspicious huge prayer flag known as Darpo Che performing religious ceremonies.
For the year 2009 the date of Saga Dawa festival is 07 June.
We welcome you to join our trip to the sacred land of Tibet, Mountain Kailash and Mansarovar Lake on the holiest time of the year and to fill bless of joining the spirit of Saga Dawa festival on this fantastic Holy Land.
Looking for more Tibet Tours click here
Itinerary of the trip:
Day 1/Jun 2nd Kathmandu-Dram-Nyalam (3750mts/185km) Guest house on full board
Day 2 Jun 3rd Drive to Saga (4600mts/ 280km) Camp on full board
Day 3 Jun 4th Drive to Baryang (4750mts/235km). Camp on full board
Day 4 Jun 5th Drive to Lake Mansaorvar (4572mts/ 230km). Camp on full board
Day 5 June 6th Drive to Dharpo. Camp on full board. (4660mts/25km)
Day 6 June 7th Visit Saga Dawa festival. Camp
Day 7 Jun 8th Start Trek to Dira Phuk (5010mts/18km 4900Mt) Camp on full board
Day 8 Jun 9th Trek to Drolmala campsite (5200mts/15km) Camp on full board
Day 9 Jun 10th Trek to Darchen (4660mts/18km) and drive to Lake Mansarovar (4572mts/20km). Camp on full board
Day 10 Jun 11th Drive to Baryang (4750mts/230km). Camp on full board
Day 11 Jun 12th Drive to Saga (4600mts/235km). Camp on full board
Day 12 Jun 13th Drive to Nyalam (3750mts/280km). Guest house on full board
Day 13 Jun 14th Drive to Dram-Friendship and KTM (1300mts/193km).
This is Fixed Date so please contact any individual traveller who are interested for above plan on Joining Basis Contact us
The above Package includes the following services:
- Airport transfers.
- All the luggage transfer.
- All necessary special permits for Tibet.
- Full camping organizes in Tibet (camping tents, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- Professional English speaking guide in Nepal and Tibet, porters in Tibet, Yaks and Yak men's during the Parikrama (kora) of Kailash.
- Transportation by deluxe 4500 Land cruiser and support truck in Tibet.
- Food 3 times a day prepared by our cook during camping according to the program.
- Chinese Visa
- Flight ticket Lhasa - Kathmandu.
- National grass land fee at Pekutso
- All the entrance fees for the monasteries, Gompas and other sights according to the program.
Immigration fee in the border
The above Package does not include:
- Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Food in Kathmandu
- Nepal re-entry visa after your trip to Tibet (we recommend you to issue a double entry visa upon arrival in Nepal).
- Airport tax
- Insurance of any kind, rescue evacuation cost
- Expenses of personal nature such as donation, laundry, telephone calls, tips, alcoholic and soft drinks, etc...
- Lunch and dinner while staying in lodges and hotels according to the program
- Any extra cost due to events of unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood snow, political unrest, flight cancellation, delay arrival, sickness or accidents, etc.
For detail information and cost contact us